This is one of my most favourite, easy-as recipes. It is super versatile and has the potential to give many dishes a good lift.
Depending on your taste, you can make it thick or watery, spicy or mild. And it will still be an amazing addition to your meal! 😉 I love it with burgers, pizza, roasted potatoes, soup, salad and many more.
Make sure you soak the cashews for awhile. This way they are easier to digest and also better to work with in the blender 🙂
Cheesy Cashew Cream (Vegan)
- 105 g cashews (soaked in filtered water for at least 4 hours, then drained)
- 1/2 cup water if you want it to be real thick, use only 1/4 (instead of 1/2) cup water
- some nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1 pinch of chili
- 1-2 pinches of turmeric adds a nice yellowy color
- 3 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Blend all ingredients to a fine cream.