One thing that I really love about New Zealand is how people share things. And it seems like everyone has a lemon tree but me 😉 That isn’t a problem though, because I get given free lemons from friends on a regular basis.
Citrus season is in full swing now and I feel challenged for new recipe ideas. I’m a big fan of easy, simple but delicious treats, so this one here just had to happen 🙂
I recommend small portions as it is quite rich and flavourful. As always, a high-speed blender will allow for best results.
Lemon Coconut Mousse (Vegan, Gluten-free, Lactose-free, No Refined Sugar)
- zest and juice of 1 small spray-free lemon:
- 1/4 cup juice
- 1 tablespoon zest or more, if you prefer more zing
- 310 ml water
- 95 g dates pitted and diced
- 225 g creamed coconut (coconut butter)
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch salt optional
- Melt the coconut butter in a cup that sits in a warm water bath.
- Transfer all ingredients into the blender and blend until a smooth. It might pay to let the dates soak in the water for a while, this way it will be easier for the blender.
- Transfer to dessert glasses and let firm up in the fridge. This should take around 4 hours, depending on how cold your fridge is.