This is one of my latest, favourite recipes. I’ve been trying an oil-free version for potato wedges for a while now. Then I thought I give it a go with kumara (sweet potato) instead. The advantage is that kumara doesn’t need precooking or steaming.
I like it crispy and spicy and these wedges tick all the boxes! They are super easy to make and can lift up a fair amount of dishes. I love it in combination with fresh salad, yum! 🙂
Oil-free, Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 6 medium sized kumara (6 pieces = approx. 600g)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or ordinary paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Give the kumara a good scrub and dab them dry with a clean dish towel.
- Make sure you have the spices and seasoning at hand before you cut the kumara into wedges. The thinner they are, the crispier they will get.
- Chuck the wedges into a medium sized pot, sprinkle with spices and seasoning. Put lid on top and give it a very good shake until the wedges are nicely covered with seasoning.
- Line baking tray with baking paper and place wedges on it.
- Bake for approx. 10 before flipping them over. Then bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.