Coffee in a different way! These vegan panna cotta are super easy to make und only require a few ingredients. They have a lovely coffee flavour. Add the chocolate sauce … yum!
For sweeteneing I have used dates, which also add soe more creaminess to the texture. And thanks to the sunflower seeds the recipe is not only vegan and gluten-free but also nut-free.
While these panna cotta use whole coffee beans you can also use cocoa powder and create a yummy choclate flavoured version.
Panna cotta are one of my favourite vegan desserts because they are so light and not so filling. Also, they are so easy to make! Simply blend, heat up, pour into moulds, done! Well, OK you gotta have some patience while they set 😉
Coffee Panna Cotta – (Vegan, Gluten-free, Fruit-sweetened, Nut-free)
For the panna cotta:
- 65 g sunflower seeds soak in water for approx. 4 hours, then rinse and drain
- 140 g dates pitted & diced
- 350 ml plant mylk
- 1ß3 tsp FAIR-TRADE whole coffee beans depending on how strong you like the coffee flavour
- 1 1/4 tsp agar agar powder
For the chocolate sauce:
- 1 tsp FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
- 1 tsp sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon tahini or seed/nut butter of your choice
- 2 to 3 tsp water
- Start by blending the dates, mylk and coffee in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Then add the sunflower seeds and agar agar and blend once more until nice and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a small pot and gently bring to the boil. Let simmer for a few minutes while stirring constantly.
- Let cool down a little before pouring it into the moulds. Let set and then store chilled until serving.
- For the sauce, stir all ingredients in a small bowl. Add as much water as needed until it reaches the desired consistency. Enjoy 🙂
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.