Do you have too many leopard bananas? They are perfect for vegan and gluten-free baking. Because they don’t only help to sweeten but also create a lovely, fluffy texture 🥰
They are the perfect ingredients for these Banana Donuts with raspberry glazing. The flavour combination – wow, I was impressed. What a an amazing combo. I think the recipe also works very well with blackberries 😋
The raspberry glazing is refreshingly light und works without nuts. I’m using sunflower seeds as an alternative. Please be aware, they need some soaking prior to cooking.
To make the glazing set I use agar agar powder. It’s important to only use pure agar agar powder. I’m also using baking measuring spoons. One teaspoon equals 5 ml.
These Raspberry Banana Donuts are:
Raspberry Banana Donuts (Vegan, Gluten-free, Fruit-sweetened)
For the donuts:
- 140 g rice flour
- 60 g buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium fiber
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g very ripe banana (approx. 2 bananas)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 230 ml water
For the glaze:
- 30 g sunflower seeds (soak in water for approx. 4 hours, then rinse and drain)
- 100 g raspberries
- 70 g dates, pitted and diced
- 150 ml plant mylk
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- Preheat oven to 190° C (top/bottom heat). Mix the dry ingredients for the donuts in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with water and almond butter until they are creamy. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Evenly spread the dough in the donut mold. Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean. Let them cool down properly.
- For the glaze, blend all ingreidnets in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture into a small pot and bring to the boil gently.
- Let it simmer on medium-low temperature for a few minutes. Spread the glaze on the donuts and garnish to your liking. Enjoy! 🙂