Yes, it has been a while since I last posted a recipe. In the meantime, many new recipes have been popped up in my mind. But it had to take a little longer until I was ready to share them with you. But here is one of them now! I’m happy to say hello again. Hello again!
A recipe for vegan and gluten-free waffles was still missing on my blog. And every now and then you guys have asked for one. And I have been playing around with some recipe ideas for vegan and gluten-free waffles. Of course it wasn’t that easy. But this recipe convinced me! When the waffles are freshly baked, they have a gorgeous crispy texture with a soft center. If you let them cool down, they will become quite soft and spongy after a while. I love both versions!
This recipe is pretty easy, and it doesn’t require many ingredients. And if you know your waffle-maker, it works well too Please see my notes regarding that below the recipe instructions. As always this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar. And also without oil
Hazelnut Waffles (Vegan, Gluten-free, Without Refined Sugar, Oil-free)
- 70 g hazelnuts soak them in water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain
- 1 tablespoon psyllium fiber husk alternatively flax-seed or chia-seed
- 40 g coconut sugar
- 375 ml water
- 80 g white rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- In a blender, blend hazelnuts, psyllium fiber and coconut sugar in 1 1/2 cups water until smooth.
- Mix rice flour, baking powder and guar gum in a bowl. Preheat waffle-maker on medium heat.
- Add hazelnut mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon two generously heaped tablespoons of dough into the waffle-maker. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, this depends on your waffle-maker*!