Yes, it has been a while since I last posted a recipe. In the meantime, many new recipes have been popped up in my mind. But it had to take a little longer until I was ready to share them with you. But here is one of them now! I’m happy to say hello again. Hello again!
A recipe for vegan and gluten-free waffles was still missing on my blog. And every now and then you guys have asked for one. And I have been playing around with some recipe ideas for vegan and gluten-free waffles. Of course it wasn’t that easy. But this recipe convinced me! When the waffles are freshly baked, they have a gorgeous crispy texture with a soft center. If you let them cool down, they will become quite soft and spongy after a while. I love both versions!
This recipe is pretty easy, and it doesn’t require many ingredients. And if you know your waffle-maker, it works well too Please see my notes regarding that below the recipe instructions. As always this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar. And also without oil
Hazelnut Waffles (Vegan, Gluten-free, Without Refined Sugar, Oil-free)
- 60 g hazelnuts, ground
- 140 g buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice
- 1 tbsp psyllium fiber, ground
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250 ml water or mylk
For the chocolate sauce:
- 1 tbsp FAIR-TRADE cocoa
- 1 tsp sweetener of your choice
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Preheat the waffle maker. Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the water or plant mylk and stir to combine to create a creamy dough.
- Bake the waffles to your desired colour.
- For the chocolate sauce, mix all ingredients in a small bowl or cup.Enjoy 🙂