Here is the recipe for the chocolate cookies that I have used for the ice cream sandwiches the other day. They are just perfect for this – soft and chocolaty, yum!
For this recipe you only need a few ingredients. It is vegan, gluten-free, sweetened with dates and without oil. I have used almond butter to replace oil. You can also use any other nut or seed butter.
Glazed with some chocolate and garnish with walnuts, these cookies were simply perfect! The combination of nuts and chocolate makes for a special flavour. If you live in Aotearoa New Zealand, I recommend the dark chocolate drops from TradeAid. They are perfect 🙂
Ingredients for approx. 12 cookies:
• 100g dates, pitted and chopped
• 170ml water
• 50g almond butter (or other nut/seed butter)
• 130g rice flour
• 50g buckwheat flour
• 3 tbsp FAIR-TRADE cacao
• 1 tbsp ground psyllium fiber
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• some FAIR-TRADE chocolate for glazing
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (top/bottom heat). Blend dates, water and almond butter with a stick blender until smooth.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add the dates mixture and stir to combine.
3. Roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper. Cut out cookies and place them on a baking tray. Repeat until the dough is used up.
4. Bake for approx. 12 to 15 minutes. If desired, glaze with some FAIR-TRADE chocolate after they cooled down.