It’s about time that I share this delicious recipe with you! I’ve been baking it numerous times and shared it with friends – they all loved it! 🙂
This potato bread is moist, sticky and perfect for toasting. Of course it is vegan and gluten-free too 🙂
…it also tastes amazing with my home-made probiotic “cream cheese“.
Potato Bread Perfect for Toast (Vegan, Gluten-free)
Makes a 23cm loaf:
- 140 g boiled agria potato
- 1 tablespoon (heaped) psyllium fiber husk
- 310 ml warm water
- 250 ml warm water
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon active dried yeast
- 280 g rice flour
- 110 g buckwheat flour
- 70 g tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- some olive oil for brushing
- Blend potato, psyllium fiber husk and warm water in a blender until smooth. Place aside.
- Stir coconut sugar into 1 cup warm water and add active dried yeast. Place aside until foam builds on top (approx. 10 minutes).
- In the meantime mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. When the yeast mixture is foamy, pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients, add the potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Place a warm, damp tea towel on top and let the dough rise for 45 to 60 minutes in a warm draft-free spot.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (top-/bottom heat).
- Stir dough shortly and spread evenly in loaf tin (I like to line it with baking paper first but you can also lightly grease it). Let rise for another 15 to 20 minutes in a warm draft-free spot.
- Gently brush with olive oil. Place onto a tray and and bake for approx. 50 minutes. Should it brown too quickly, place an empty tray into the rack above to shield it from direct heat.
- Take the finished bread out of the loaf tin and let cool down on a cooling rack.