The strawberries in my garden are starting to slow down. So, before they’re gone, it’s time to celebrate by using these pretty little fruits in a special dish! 🙂
After my No Bake Cherry Cake was so successful I’ve tried a variation with strawberries. It turned out as yummy as I had hoped!
Who would think when looking at this decadent creation, that it is even vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free? And no baking required! This recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and is perfect for a special occasion.
No Bake Strawberry Cake (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 18cm / 7inch cake pan
For the crust:
- 110 g almonds soak in water for 8 hours, then rinse and drain
- 70 g dates and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
For the filling:
- 250 g strawberries
- 70 g dates pitted
- 20 g cacao butter melted
- 210 g cashews soaked for approx. 4 hours, rinsed and drained
For the topping:
- 70 g cashew nuts (soaked for at least 6 hours and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 g cacao butter melted
- 50 ml water
- For the crust, in a powerful blender pulse the almonds and dates to fine crumbles. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in ground flax seed and mix well.
- Line the cake tin with baking paper. Spread the dough evenly and press it firm.
- For the strawberry layer, blend 150g of the strawberries with dates and cacao butter until smooth. Then add cashews and blend once again. You may need a tamper for this step.
- Chop up the remaining strawberries and mix them with the strawberry cream. Spread the cream evenly in the cake tin.
- For the vanilla layer, blend all ingredients until smooth (a smaller powerful bullet blender is ideal for this step). Pour the vanilla layer over the strawberry layer.
- Place in freezer until firm (approx. 5 hours). Let thaw a little before cutting slices, then store chilled until serving.