Goulash without meat? No problem! These days there so many meat alternatives. When I heard about Jackfruit for the first time, I was really impressed. The texture is surprisingly similar
Goulash without meat? No problem! These days there so many meat alternatives. When I heard about Jackfruit for the first time, I was really impressed. The texture is surprisingly similar and offers so many possibilities, to create something yummy with it.
Makes 4 small or 2 big portions:
• 1 can jackfruit
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 2 carrots, sliced
• 400 to 500ml water
• 1 red pepper, cubed
• 1 green pepper, cubed
• 2 tbsp ground paprika
• 1 tbsp ground smoked paprika
• 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
• 1 tsp sweetener of your choice
• 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
• 1/2 tsp ground allspice
• 1 pinch chili (or to taste)
• 1 bay leaf
• 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1. Fry the onions in some water or oil in a medium sized pot. Add carrots and water and let simmer with closed lid for approx. 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Rinse the jackfruit and press out excess liquid. Then pluck it into smaller pieces.
3. Add the jackfruit and all remaining ingredients (except the garlic) to the pot. Stir well and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. At the end add the garlic and bring to the boil one last time.
Note: The goulash tastes best if you let it cool down and soak over night. This way the flavour will spread nicely. Enjoy! 🙂