This year I haven’t baked any holiday cookies yet. I have been baking though. Like these donuts, that have been spiced with gingerbread spices – and this makes for a delicious treat ?
These donuts are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and fruit-sweetened. The magic ingredient is nut mylk pulp, that is leftover after making your own nut mylk. This allows for a magical fluffy texture ?
The donuts are very easy to make. For the glazing I use melted dark chocolate that I mixed with some plant mylk. It was so much fun to decorate them! 🙂
Makes 6 donuts:
• 50g nut-mylk pulp (that is leftover from making your own nut mylk)
• 130g dates, pitted and chopped
• 1 EL psyllium fiber husk
• 400ml water
• 50g rice flour (or oat flour)
• 50g buckwheat flour
• 2 tablespoon FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoon gingerbread
• 2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat).
2. In a high-speed blender, blend nut-mylk pulp, dates, psyllium fiber and water until creamy. Let the mixture sit for approx. 15 minutes.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour in the date mixture and stir to combine.
4. Spread the dough evenly in the doughnut form.
5. Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
6. Let the donuts cool down properly before glazing and decorating them.