It was time for a new no-bake-cake. I’m really into blueberries lately. So I thought I’ll try them in this kind of dish.
Once again no sugar has been added – it is vegan and gluten-free. And super yummy! 🙂
No-Bake Blueberry Vanilla Cake (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 23cm spring form
For the crust:
- 150 g almonds (soaked in filtered water for at least 8 hours and then drained)
- 105 g dates pitted and diced
For the filling:
- 290 g cashews (soaked in filtered water for at least 6 hours and then drained)
- 80 g coconut-oil (melted), you can use less, it will then be less creamy though
- 105 g dates
- 2-3 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
For the topping:
- 260 g blueberries
- Pulse the almonds to fine crumbles and transfer to a medium sized bowl. Pulse the dates to crumbles and add to the bowl and mix well.
- Line the spring-form with baking paper. Pour the almond-date-dough into the cake tin and press it even with your (clean) hands.
- Place in the freezer while preparing the rest. For the filling, blend all ingredients but the blueberries to a fine cream. Take the cake tin out of the freezer and pour in the cashew cream.
- Then add the remaining 2 cups of blueberries. I like to let the first few handful drop into the cream from relatively high up. This lets them sink into the cream. Then I let the rest of the berries drop on top to build a nice layer of fruit.
- Place the cake in the freezer until set (approx. 3 hours). It’s best to take the ring off and to move the cake onto a plate while it is still semi-frozen.
- Feel free to try your own style and flavour by adding things or changing ingredients. You have a good base now 🙂