Yes, my relationship with fruity flavours paired with chocolate is still growing. It is actually doing pretty well and I’m becoming more confident with it.
This no-bake raspberry chocolate torte has quite an unusual flavour combination. The slightly tart raspberries combined with dark chocolate flavour certainly kick your tastebuds. You also get a good portion of antioxidants with each slice 🙂
If you think, you are not a big fan of combining raspberry with chocolate, then you might want to start with a more subtle version, like in this recipe for no-bake raspberry vanilla chocolate cake.
As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar. It is relatively easy to make and doesn’t require many ingredients. You will need a high-speed blender with a tamper.
No-Bake Raspberry Chocolate Torte (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- strong blender
- spring-form 18 cm
For the crust:
- 150 g hazelnuts (soak them in filtered water for at least 8 hours, the rinse and drain)
- 200 g dates pitted and diced
- 25 g desiccated coconut
- 60 g FAIR-TRADE cacao or cocoa powder
- 60 ml water start with less and use more if needed
For the raspberry layer:
- 220 g raspberries
- 210 g cashews (soak them in filtered water for at least 4 hours, the rinse and drain)
- 105 g dates pitted and diced
- 25 g cacao butter melted
- Pulse the hazelnuts to fine crumbles and transfer to a bowl. Pulse the dates to small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Sift in the cacao or cocoa powder and mix well. Add just enough water to make a moist dough that is easy to knead.
- Line the springform with baking paper and scoop half of the dough into the form. Spread it evenly and press it firm.
- Prepare the raspberry cream by first blending the raspberries with the dates. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. It might pay to use a tamper to get the mixture moving.
- Spread approx. half of the amount of the raspberry cream into the springform . Then place springform in freezer until the filling is relatively firm (approx. 1 to 2 hours).
- Scoop the remaining dough into the springform and press it firm. Then spread the remaining raspberry cream into the form. Garnish if desired (I used dehydrated raspberry and desiccated coconut).
- Place in freezer until firm (approx. 4 to 6 hours). Then let thaw a little before cutting slice. Keep chilled until serving.