Not long to go and the holiday season has more or less officially started. I’ve been in the mood for a while now. Because while working on a recipe eBook that includes Christmas recipes, I found myself in a slightly bent time zone 😉
In the meantime, I got this super delicious and flavoursome recipe for vegan and gluten-free, Spiced Banana Loaf for you. It contains delicious nuts, yummy spices, it is covered in chocolate and chopped nuts. Well, it ticks all the boxes for me! 🙂
You might like it as much as I do and start quietly pleading those bananas to ripen up faster! 😉 Because ripe bananas is what it takes. If you like a plain or pure chocolate version you can also try this easy banana loaf recipe or this chocolate banana loaf.
I’m super happy with the texture. It is soft and moist but also easy to slice. And all that while avoiding gluten, eggs and oil! I love it! 🙂
Spiced Banana Loaf (Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free, Fruit-Sweetened)
- 20cm loaf tin
For the banana loaf:
- 100 g hazelnuts ground
- 100 g rice flour
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 25 g FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk fiber
- 2-3 teaspoon chai spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 350 g banana approx. 3-4 bananas
- 150 ml water
- some extra sweetener if you like it more sweet
For the chocolate topping:
- 100 g FAIR-TRADE chocolate
- 35 ml plant milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat). Line the loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a blender, blend the bananas and water creamy.
- Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Swiftly stir it to combine.
- Spread dough evenly in the loaf tin. Place in oven and bake for approx. 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean. Should it brown up too quickly, cover it to protect it from direct heat.
- Let cool down completely before adding the chocolate topping. For the chocolate drizzle melt the chocolate by placing it in a cup that sits in a bowl with hot water. Occasionally stir until it is almost completely melted. Now add the plant milk and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the banana loaf and garnish to your liking (I use chopped hazelnuts, pistachios, cinnamon bark and a star anise).