Yes, I love pizza! And who doesn’t? But sometimes would be great to have an option that isn’t only vegan and gluten-free but also yeast-free.
Some time ago I made this delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe Tarte Flambée that works without yeast. I found myself wondering if the base would work for a pizza as well. And after some slight modification of the recipe it sure does!
This pizza recipe comes with a yummy dairy-free option for the cheese topping as well. And it is not cashews, but the wonderful versatile macadamias. If you would like to use a version without cashews, I recommend this recipe here.
Vegan Gluten-free Pizza Without Yeast
Makes one 23cm pizza
For the dough
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoon psyllium fiber husk
- 1/3 teaspoon salt or less if you prefer
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
For the tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup passata
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar or other sweetener
- a few pinches salt if desired
For the ‘cheese’ topping
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- a few pinches salt
- 1-2 pinches smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yest flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (top-/bottom heat). Place a piece of baking paper over the base of a 23cm cake spring form. Then fasten the ring onto it. Lightly grease the inside as high as the dough will be (about 1cm). Then lightly dust with rice flour.
- For the dough, mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add olive oil and water and stir to combine. Don’t stir for too long.
- Transfer dough into the spring form and spread it evenly. Place in oven and bake until it is firm and an inserted stick comes out clean (about 12 minutes).
- In the meantime prepare the tomato sauce by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Place aside.
- Prepare the ‘cheese’ topping buy blending the ingredients in a powerful mini-blinder (for example NutriBullett).
- When the dough is baked, take the springform out of the oven. Spread tomato sauce over the base, add toppings of your choice and drizzle with the ‘cheese’.
- Place in oven again and bake until the ‘cheese’ topping browns up lightly (about 15 minutes).
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.