Since I’ve tried the classic Kiwi corn fritters, I was thinking about variations. I love spicy foods and chili. So why not make a chili inspired fritter?
I’ve used chili-flakes which add a good kick to it. Drizzled with the Cashew Paprika Sauce it is a dream. You can find the recipe for the sauce here.
While I have used capsicum in this recipe, you can also use other vegetables such as zucchini, carrots or even broccoli. As always, this recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
For 6 to 8 burgers you’ll need:
• 140g rice flour
• 2 tbsp fiber husk
• 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
• chili to taste
• 400g kidney beans, cooked
• 1 capsicum, finely diced
• 1/4 onion, finely diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 200g passata
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Drain kidney beans and add to the bowl with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
3. Preheat frying pan. Form patties with wet, cold hands and place in frying pan. Cook on both sides until golden brown.