This is exciting! I happened to discover this potential yummy treat when storing away some leftover chocolate stuff.
Only to find out later, that it set firmly when stored in the fridge. How delightful! It has the perfect texture of mousse au chocolat, but you won’t find dairy, eggs, nuts, soy or refined sugar in it!
Ok, I used dates for sweetening which are loaded with sugar. So it is quite rich and I recommend to make small portions to indulge in moderation 😉
I have sprinkled some cacao nibs and coconut chips on top and it was a hit!
Mousse Au Chocolat (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, only 4 ingredients)
- 400 g coconut cream
- 140 g dates, pitted and diced
- 50 g FAIR-TRADE cocoa or cacao
- 2 pinches of salt
- Works best with a high-speed blender. If you don’t have a strong blender, let the dates soak in the coconut-cream.
- Then blend all ingredients to a fine cream. The more foamy the cream gets, the more fluffy the mousse will be. Pour into dessert glasses.
- Store in fridge until set.