When it comes to desserts, I just love it when they are super easy to make and stunningly delicious at the same time. I find that my popular Mousse au Chocolat is one of those creations.
For a while I was working on a white chocolate version. Now I know that it works best if you actually use chocolate (or better cacao butter, the important part of chocolate) to achieve a good consistency. It also works without cacao butter, but it will be softer and more creamy.
This white chocolate mousse recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar…it also is quite rich. I recommend small glasses for a mindful dessert experience 🙂
White Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten-free, No refined Sugar)
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 105 g dates pitted
- 70 g cashews soak them in filtered water for at least 4 hours, then rinse and drain
- 50 g cacao butter melted
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
- Allow some time for the dates to soak in the coconut milk. Then blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to dessert glasses.
- Place in freezer for a few hours, then store in fridge until serving. That’s it! 🙂