Do you have an appetite for coffee and chocolate? How about some cappuccino ice cream? This recipe only requires a few ingredients and works without an ice cream make.
And yes, even though no ice cream maker is required, the ice cream has a lovely, smooth and silky texture. I was so happy when I took the first scoop and it scooped up so perfectly.
The ingredients are just a few. And if you would like to replace coffee, you can some cocoa instead and replace the water with some vegan mylk.
This recipe for cappuccino ice cream is always vegan and gluten-free. It is also nut-free and sweetened with fruits.
Note: To achieve a lovely, creamy texture, it is important to let the ice cream thaw just a bit if it was in the freezer for longer. I get the best texture when I place the whole container in the fridge for a few hours. That requires some planning and patience though.
Cappuccino Ice Cream (Vegan, Nut-free, Fruit-sweetened)
- 80 g sunflower seeds (or cashews), soak in water for 4 hours, then rinse and drain
- 120 g dates, pitted and chopped
- 150 ml freshly brewed FAIR-TRADE Kaffee, cooled down
- 250 ml coconut cream (from the can), OR plant-based cream
For the chocolate sauce:
- 1 tbsp FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp date paste
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Blend all ingredients for the ice cream smooth, using a high-speed blender.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce by blending all ingredients in a small bowl. Add just enough water to achieve a creamy sauce.
- Pour one third of the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container. Then drizzle with some of the chocolate sauce. Repeat this step twice. Garnish if you like (I use cacao nibs).
- Freeze until it is fairly firm. Should you leave it in the freezer for longer, let thaw a little before serving (also see my note above).