This apple cake is super easy to make. I wish I would have tried this earlier. A big thank you to my lovely reader who asked about an apple cake recipe that is without nuts.
It took me a while to find the perfect texture. Then I tried something that I have never used in baking – even though I’ve seen it listed as an egg alternative so many times.
It’s apple sauce, or in this case: homemade stewed apple. Last autumn we had soooo many apples, we made several big pots of stewed apple. And now I can say, stewed apple indeed makes for a very good vegan baking ingredient. It adds sweetness and helps to create that perfect fluffy texture that isn’t too dry. Yay!
That makes this apple cake not only vegan and gluten-free, but also oil-free and free from nuts. It is mostly sweetened with stewed apple. And it is super easy to make. My new favourite, yay 🙂
Easy Apple Cake (Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free)
- 30 x 20cm cake tin
- 120 g rice flour
- 70 g buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoons psyllium fiber husk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1,5 teaspoons baking powder
- 300 g stewed apple
- 100 ml water
- 2 (approx.) small apples
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat).
- In the meantime mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Prepare the cake tin. Peel the apples and cut them into fine slices.
- When the oven is preheated, pour the stewed apple and water into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Spread the dough evenly on the cake tin. Place the apple slices on top and pres them gently into the dough. Bake for approx. 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.