When it comes to colour combinations, I really like brown and light green. It’s such a lovely combo! One of the reasons why I like it that much must be that you can find green and brown in nature and vege gardens. And sometimes in my recipes. For instance, I love sprinkling chopped pistachios onto chocolate cake frosting 🙂
I used ground pistachios to dust some truffles before. Now I had these freshly cracked macadamias and a desire for a quick chocolaty snack. And off I went to try this combination again! Delicious, sticky, dark chocolaty is all that I can say. …and perfect for school snacks, party food or as a home-made gift 🙂
And as always this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and free from refined sugar 🙂 You can also use different nuts to macadamias. These other nuts (for example walnut, hazelnut, almond) would require soaking i water for approx. 8 hours).
Makes approx. 12 truffles:
1 cup (130g) macadamias
3/4 cup (105g) dates, pitted and chopped (use more if you like it sweeter)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (40g) FAIR-TRADE cocoa or cacao powder
approx. 40g pistachios for dusting
1. Place macadamias and dates in a high-speed blender. Pulse to fine crumbles.
2. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Sift in cacao or cocoa powder and mix well.
3. Take little portions of the mixture and form balls. Then pop in one pistachio and smooth the surface of the ball.
4. Pulse the pistachios for the dusting in a powerful mini-blender to crumbles. Transfer the ground pistachios to a small bowl.
5. Place one chocolate ball at a time into the bowl with the ground pistachios. Then lightly swing the bowl to make the ball roll in the ground pistachios until it is evenly covered.
6. Store in fridge in an air-tight container.