I just love the combination of chocolate and vanilla. And I love ice cream! No matter what the season 🙂
So here is a good excuse for ice cream in winter! Or summer, depending on where you are on this planet…
I used a silicone muffin form for these mini ice creams but you can also use a popsicle form.
This recipe is super easy and doesn’t require many ingredients. I have listed a few alternatives, should you not have sunflower lecithin available.
Makes 6 mini ice creams:
For the vanilla cream:
550ml coconut cream
3 tablespoon coconut sugar
2 teaspoon sunflower lecithin (alternatively 1 teaspoon guar gum or double the amount of psyllium fiber husk)
1 tablespoon psyllium fiber husk
1/4 teaspoon ground vanilla
For the chocolate cream:
1 tablespoon FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
2-3 tablespoon coconut sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
For garnish I used melted chocolate and cacao nibs
1. Blend all ingredients for the vanilla cream in a blender until smooth. Then add ground vanilla and blend for another second.
2. Transfer about half the vanilla cream into a small jug.
3. Add cocoa powder and coconut sugar to remaining vanilla cream and blend once again until smooth.
4. Place silicone muffin form onto a small chopping board. Pour equal parts of vanilla cream and chocolate cream into silicone muffin form, stir a little if you like.
5. Place the form in the freezer until the ice creams are set (about 3 to 4 hours). Best texture is achieved when letting the ice creams soften in the fridge for about 3 hours before serving. I garnished them with melted chocolate and cacao nibs.