I’m very pleased to announce that I can share this recipe with you that a lovely friend of mine has created for you. Lucinda has a lot of experience and an amazing talent for creating vegan and gluten-free dishes.
Be it savoury, sweet, cooked,baked or raw, I love everything she comes up with 🙂
So I had to ask her if she would like to share her creations and she said yes! A big thank you to Lucinda for this delicious recipe for no bake caramel slice. As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar 🙂
No Bake Caramel Slice (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- 25 x 25 cm form
- high powered blender
For the base:
- 110 g sunflower seeds soak for at least 4 hours
- 110 g dates
- 25 g FAIR-TRADE cacao powder
For the filling:
- 140 g dates (packed) soaked
- 70 g melted coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- 90 g rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the chocolate topping:
- 25 g cacao
- 50 g melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp melted cacao butter
- Optional handful of chopped nuts.
- Place all ingredients for the base into a food processor pulse until it is crumbles and sticky. Line cake tin with baking paper. Press the dough into tin, place in fridge or freezer.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into food processor or a high powered blender and blend till a smooth cream. Spread evenly over base.
- Mix all chocolate top ingredients till combined pour on top of filling, sprinkle over chopped nuts.
- Place in freezer for a couple of hours to set.
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.