I’m very pleased to announce that I can share this recipe with you that a lovely friend of mine has created for you. Lucinda has a lot of experience and an amazing talent for creating vegan and gluten-free dishes.
Be it savoury, sweet, cooked,baked or raw, I love everything she comes up with 🙂
So I had to ask her if she would like to share her creations and she said yes! A big thank you to Lucinda for this delicious recipe for no bake caramel slice. As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar 🙂
No Bake Caramel Slice (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- 25 x 25 cm form
- high powered blender
For the base:
- 110 g sunflower seeds soak for at least 4 hours
- 110 g dates
- 25 g FAIR-TRADE cacao powder
For the filling:
- 140 g dates (packed) soaked
- 70 g melted coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- 90 g rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the chocolate topping:
- 25 g cacao
- 50 g melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp melted cacao butter
- Optional handful of chopped nuts.
- Place all ingredients for the base into a food processor pulse until it is crumbles and sticky. Line cake tin with baking paper. Press the dough into tin, place in fridge or freezer.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into food processor or a high powered blender and blend till a smooth cream. Spread evenly over base.
- Mix all chocolate top ingredients till combined pour on top of filling, sprinkle over chopped nuts.
- Place in freezer for a couple of hours to set.