Chocolate and vanilla are one of my absolute favourite flavour combinations! And just recently I tried this raw version of a “cookies & cream” slice. I loved it! So here is the recipe for you 🙂
The super creamy cashew filling, combined chocolate chunks make this recipe one of my new favourites. So delicious! And as always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar 🙂
No-Bake “Cookies & Cream” Slice (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- high-speed blender
For the crust:
- 240 g nuts (I used hazelnuts), soak them in water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain
- 175 g dates pitted and diced
- 50 g FAIR-TRADE cocoa or cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon water
For the filling:
- 210 g cashews soak them in water for at least 4 hours, then rinse and drain
- 105 g dates pitted and diced
- 190 ml water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the crust, place nuts and dates in high-speed blender and pulse to fine crumbles.
- Transfer crumbles to a bowl. Add cocoa and mix well. Then add just enough water to create a slightly moist dough.
- Line tray with baking paper. Scoop two thirds of the dough into the tray, spread it evenly and press it firm.
- For the filling, blend all ingredients until smooth. Start with a little less water and add more if needed. A high-speed blender with tamper is recommended.
- Spread half of the filling onto the crust. Then crumble half of the remaining dough over it. Repeat until filling and dough are used up.
- Place tray in freezer until the cake is firm (about 6 hours). Cut slices while it is relatively firm and refrigerate until serving.