Chocolate and vanilla are one of my absolute favourite flavour combinations! And just recently I tried this raw version of a “cookies & cream” slice. I loved it! So here is the recipe for you 🙂
The super creamy cashew filling, combined chocolate chunks make this recipe one of my new favourites. So delicious! And as always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar 🙂
No-Bake “Cookies & Cream” Slice (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- high-speed blender
For the crust:
- 240 g nuts (I used hazelnuts), soak them in water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain
- 175 g dates pitted and diced
- 50 g FAIR-TRADE cocoa or cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon water
For the filling:
- 210 g cashews soak them in water for at least 4 hours, then rinse and drain
- 105 g dates pitted and diced
- 190 ml water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the crust, place nuts and dates in high-speed blender and pulse to fine crumbles.
- Transfer crumbles to a bowl. Add cocoa and mix well. Then add just enough water to create a slightly moist dough.
- Line tray with baking paper. Scoop two thirds of the dough into the tray, spread it evenly and press it firm.
- For the filling, blend all ingredients until smooth. Start with a little less water and add more if needed. A high-speed blender with tamper is recommended.
- Spread half of the filling onto the crust. Then crumble half of the remaining dough over it. Repeat until filling and dough are used up.
- Place tray in freezer until the cake is firm (about 6 hours). Cut slices while it is relatively firm and refrigerate until serving.
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.