It’s undeniable, it’s autumn here in New Zealand. But autumn time is apple time! This vegan and gluten-free energy balls recipe makes use of dehydrated apples. And cinnamon. Oh, how I love this flavour combination! It takes me right back to cozy childhood memories of enjoying porridge with fruit and cinnamon.
This energy balls recipe is super easy with only three ingredients
…and it is very flavourful. And as always it is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar 🙂
If you like using dried apple, you can also find a recipe for no-bake apple cinnamon cake here.
Apple Cinnamon Energy Balls (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- high-speed blender
- 140 g (approx.) nuts (soak them in water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain)
- 150 g (approx.) dried apple densely packed
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- Place the nuts into a high-speed blender and pulse to fine crumbles.
- Add the dried apple pieces to the blender and blend into smaller pieces (a tamper might be needed for this step).
- Transfer mixture into a bowl (or use directly from blender jug). Scoop out portions with a spoon and roll them into small balls. Place aside.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon into a small bowl. Place one blissball at a time into the bowl. Shake the bowl so that the bliss ball gets evenly covered with cinnamon.
- Keep chilled and eat within 3 to 4 days.