It’s blueberry season here in New Zealand. Oh, how I love those blue little things!
So I’ve made some blueberry banana pancakes and they were soooo delicious, I just had to share the recipe with you 🙂
The slow cooked blueberries turn into something very close to jam. So imagine biting into a blueberry jam filled pancake. Yum!
But don’t worry if you don’t have any blueberries. This recipe also works without them. You can either omit them completely or replace them with banana chunks 🙂
As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and free from refined sugar. It also is completely oil-free. If you use the right kind of frying pan, you can make those pancakes completely without any oil or grease. Not a single drop of oil is needed to cook those pancakes 🙂
Banana Blueberry Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar, Oil-free)
- non-stick pan
- 70 g rice flour
- 35 g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon psyllium fibre husk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g bananas without peel
- 125 ml water
- 80 g (approx) blueberries
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas.
- Pour the mashed bananas with the water into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Then gently stir in the blueberries.
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat.
- Scoop portions of the dough into the frying pan and cook for approx. 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.