There was this bunch of bananas that I have been keeping an eye on. Eagerly waiting for it to ripen up so I could make some vegan and gluten-free banana loafs!
Because ever since I made this chocolate banana loaf I couldn’t stop thinking about this delicious little thing. And here we go again! Yay! 🙂
This time I made a version without cocoa though, because I wanted more banana flavour, and honestly, less ingredients. You may have noticed that, most of my recipes don’t contain many ingredients. Because like with many things in life, I also like to keep my baking and cooking simple. Without loosing out on flavour of course. Sometimes I find it truly amazing, how little you need to create something yummy.
Like this vegan and gluten-free banana loaf. It only takes 8 fairly basic ingredients. It’s super easy to make, is only sweetened by fruit and it also is oil-free. I find it has the perfect banana loaf texture. It is soft, it is moist, it is sticky and slightly messy. Juuust right! 🙂
Easy Banana Bread (Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free)
- 20cm loaf tin
- 190 g rice flour
- 70 g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 400 g banana (400 g = approx. 4 bananas without peel)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium fiber husk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 190 ml water
- Preheat oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat). Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour and baking powder & soda in a bowl.
- Blend bananas with psyllium fiber husk, ground vanilla and water in a blender until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and swiftly stir to combine.
- Scoop dough into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for approx. 30 to 35 minutes. If the loaf browns up too quickly, bake it covered* until an inserted wooden skewer comes out dry. (I had to cover it at around 25 minutes and after a total of 35 minutes it was ready)