There was this bunch of bananas that I have been keeping an eye on. Eagerly waiting for it to ripen up so I could make some vegan and gluten-free banana loafs!
Because ever since I made this chocolate banana loaf I couldn’t stop thinking about this delicious little thing. And here we go again! Yay! 🙂
This time I made a version without cocoa though, because I wanted more banana flavour, and honestly, less ingredients. You may have noticed that, most of my recipes don’t contain many ingredients. Because like with many things in life, I also like to keep my baking and cooking simple. Without loosing out on flavour of course. Sometimes I find it truly amazing, how little you need to create something yummy.
Like this vegan and gluten-free banana loaf. It only takes 8 fairly basic ingredients. It’s super easy to make, is only sweetened by fruit and it also is oil-free. I find it has the perfect banana loaf texture. It is soft, it is moist, it is sticky and slightly messy. Juuust right! 🙂
Easy Banana Bread (Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free)
- 20cm loaf tin
- 190 g rice flour
- 70 g buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 400 g banana (400 g = approx. 4 bananas without peel)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium fiber husk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 190 ml water
- Preheat oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat). Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour and baking powder & soda in a bowl.
- Blend bananas with psyllium fiber husk, ground vanilla and water in a blender until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and swiftly stir to combine.
- Scoop dough into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for approx. 30 to 35 minutes. If the loaf browns up too quickly, bake it covered* until an inserted wooden skewer comes out dry. (I had to cover it at around 25 minutes and after a total of 35 minutes it was ready)
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.