Some time ago I made this lemon pumpkin polenta cake. It proofed very popular and I got heaps of requests for a version free from dried fruits.
Then I got this nice comment, saying that this recipe would be lovely in a bundt cake. Oooooh yeaaaah!
Turns out that yes, polenta is amazing in a bundt cake. The texture is rich and moist and absolutely delicious. And this time it is not only vegan and gluten-free but also free from dried fruits such as dates.
I added some chocolate glazing and chopped, roasted almonds and it was absolutely perfect! 🙂
Polenta Bundt Cake (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Dates)
- 23cm bundt cake form
For the cake:
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 60 ml water
- 90 ml maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 heaped tablespoon flax seed freshly ground
- 150 g white rice flour
- 130 g fine polenta
- 2 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the chocolate glazing:
- 50 g cacao butter melted
- 50 g FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
- 30 ml maple syrup or coconut nectar
- Mix coconut milk, water and maple syrup with the freshly ground flax seed. Let sit for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 200° (top-/bottom heat). Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease cake tin. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer dough into cake tin and spread evenly. Place in oven and bake covered (with a piece of baking paper or a sheet of aluminum foil which you can reuse several times) for approx. 25 minutes. Test with a wooden skewer. If it comes out dry with just a few crumbles, the cake is ready.
- For the chocolate glazing, mix all ingredients in a cup and stir to combine. Then drizzle over the cooled down cake, add chopped nuts if desired.