These pancakes are super easy to make, by using a high-speed blender. Combined with the chocolate sauce, they make a delicious little treat or meal, depending on your mood
If you have a good non-stick frying pan, you won’t need any oil to fry them. Simply cook them a little longer on a fairly low temperature
As always, these mini almond pancakes are vegan and gluten-free and also free from refined sugar.
Mini Almond Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- highspeed blender
- non-stick frying pan
For the pancakes:
- 70 g almonds soak in water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain
- 50 g dates pitted
- 250 ml water
- 70 g rice flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk fibre
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the chocolate sauce:
- 2 teaspoon almond butter or other nut or seed butter
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon FAIR-TRADE cocoa or cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon water start with less until it has the right consistency
- some chopped nuts for garnish optional
- Place soaked almonds, dates and water in highspeed-blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Lightly grease frying pan and preheat on medium heat. Scoop one heaped tablespoon of dough per pancake into the pan and gently spread the dough out a bit.
- Cook on medium heat for approx. 2 minutes (air bubbles should come up in the dough), then turn the heat down a little more and cook until golden brown, before flipping the pancakes.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients, but use a little less water at first. Just add enough to make the sauce not too runny and not too thick.
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.