These pancakes are super easy to make, by using a high-speed blender. Combined with the chocolate sauce, they make a delicious little treat or meal, depending on your mood
If you have a good non-stick frying pan, you won’t need any oil to fry them. Simply cook them a little longer on a fairly low temperature
As always, these mini almond pancakes are vegan and gluten-free and also free from refined sugar.
Mini Almond Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- highspeed blender
- non-stick frying pan
For the pancakes:
- 70 g almonds soak in water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain
- 50 g dates pitted
- 250 ml water
- 70 g rice flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk fibre
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the chocolate sauce:
- 2 teaspoon almond butter or other nut or seed butter
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon FAIR-TRADE cocoa or cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon water start with less until it has the right consistency
- some chopped nuts for garnish optional
- Place soaked almonds, dates and water in highspeed-blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Lightly grease frying pan and preheat on medium heat. Scoop one heaped tablespoon of dough per pancake into the pan and gently spread the dough out a bit.
- Cook on medium heat for approx. 2 minutes (air bubbles should come up in the dough), then turn the heat down a little more and cook until golden brown, before flipping the pancakes.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients, but use a little less water at first. Just add enough to make the sauce not too runny and not too thick.