It’s summer and we are getting closer to Christmas! Sounds probably pretty weird to you, if you live in the Northern hemisphere. But, it also still sounds odd to me too 😉
Cinnamon cookies are my favourite Christmas cookies. They also smell sooooo delicious when baking. The glazing in this recipe is completely nut-free. If you prefer a thicker, creamier glazing and are OK with cashews, I can recommend this one here.
As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar. The glazing tends to get a little soft at room temperature. I recommend storing them in the fridge.
Cinnamon Star Christmas Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-free, Nut-free)
- cookie cutter
For the cookies:
- 150 g sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoon psyllium fibre husk
- 3 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 tablespoon water
For the glazing:
- 25 g cacao butter
- 35 g coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coconut sugar
- Grind the sunflower seeds to a fine flour and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat). Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour in just enough water to make a knead-able dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper. Then use cookie cutter to shape cookies and place them on baking tray. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 12 minutes or until the cookies just start to turn golden-brown. Let cool down completely before adding the icing.
- For the icing, melt the ingredients in a cup that sits in warm water. Let cool down a little before applying.
- Store in air-tight container and keep chilled.