Yes, it’s still zucchini mania here 😉 So I keep coming up with new ways of using them. Last year I already made a zucchini chocolate cake.
But I felt like making a slightly different version (using more zucchini too).
Once again, it totally amazed me, how the added zucchini creates such an amazingly soft and moist texture. Completely oil-free! It took about 4 days to finish the cake and it stayed soft and moist until the very end.
So if you are looking for a delicious chocolate cake that is vegan, gluten-free and oil-free, I highly recommend trying this recipe. For the glaze I simply used chocolate but you can also make your own chocolate, for example with this recipe.
Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free)
For the cake:
- 170 g rice flour
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 40 g FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 pinches salt
- 350 ml water
- 100 g coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp psyllium fiber
- 250 g grated zucchini
For the chocolate glaze:
- 100 to 200 g FAIR-TRADE choc
- Preheat the oven to 200° (top-/ bottom heat). Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Shortly blend coconut sugar, psyllium fiber and water in a blender.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients, add grated zucchini and stir to combine.
- Spread the dough evenly in the cake tin and bake for approx. 30 minutes (I recommend baking it covered after 15 minutes).
- Let the cake cool down a little before taking it out of the cake tin. For the chocolate glaze, simply melt the chocolate (using the double boiler method) and spread onto the cake, after it has cooled down completely.