Pancakes! Some have them for breakfast, some for afternoon coffee break, he he. They actually make a nice lunch box treat too.
Usually I like to throw some mashed banana into my pancakes. These pancakes however are without bananas. This was a request by one of my lovely readers. Since I know what it’s like when you have to avoid certain foods, I was more than happy to try a banana-free version.
For sweetening I have used dried apricots. This will also work well with other dried fruits, like dates or even figs. Please be aware that these pancakes are not overly sweet. I served them with a creamy vanilla sauce and it was perfect!
And while I have used raspberries, you can also use strawberries, blueberries or blackberries. As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and once again oil-free 🙂
Apricot Raspberry Pancakes (Vegan, Gluten-free, Fruit-Sweetened, Oil-free)
- powerful blender
- 150 g dried apricots
- 400 ml water or more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 120 g white rice flour
- 50 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium fiber husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup raspberries
- Blend apricots, vanilla and water in a powerful blender until smooth and creamy.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (but the raspberries) in a bowl. Preheat a good non-stick frying pan.
- Then pour the apricot mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine. The dough should be fairly creamy. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Place even scoops into the frying pan and cook on medium/low heat for approx. 10 to 15 minutes. Then flip and cook until the other side turns golden brown.