It’s strawberry season here in New Zealand! Yippieh! 🙂 I’ve been thinking of this cookie recipe for quite some time, but I couldn’t decide on what to use in the dough.
Time to try cashews again. They worked very well in this fruit cake recipe already 🙂
The smell of the baking strawberries is divine. And combined with the vanilla flavour, it is utterly delicious!
As always, this recipe for strawberry vanilla cookies is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar.
Strawberry Vanilla Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar)
- powerful mini-blender
- 70 g cashews
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 125 ml water
- 140 g rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon psyllium fiber husk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or vanilla paste or freshly scraped vanilla pod
- 1-2 handful fresh strawberries finely diced
- Preheat oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat). Blend cashews, coconut sugar and water until smooth. A powerful mini-blender works best for this.
- Sift remaining ingredients (except strawberries) into a bowl and whisk them. Add cashew ‘cream’ and mix well.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries. It helps to dip your hands into cold water prior to forming the cookies.
- Form the cookies and place on with baking paper covered baking tray. Bake covered for approx. 15 to 20 minutes.