This is my latest berry infused dessert creation. Seems like I can’t get enough of berries, they are just so amazing and good for you 🙂
In this dish they play the major flavour role and also add a beautiful bright color. And while it looks quite decadent, this dessert recipe is for raspberry jelly actually makes for a light treat that will still fit in after (possibly) any meal and make your taste buds happy 🙂
I served it with cashew vanilla sauce and some fresh mint which combined deliciously well. If you are looking for a nut-free custard sauce, you may want to try this one here.
Raspberry Jelly (Vegan, Gluten-free, No Refined Sugar, Oil-free)
For the raspberry jelly:
- 200 g approx. raspberries
- 70 g dates pitted (or less if your raspberries are quite sweet)
- 500 ml water
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
For the cashew vanilla sauce:
- 45 g cashews soak them in filtered water for at least 3 hours, then rinse and drain
- 35 g dates pitted
- 125 ml + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
- Blend raspberries, dates and water until smooth. Pour into nut-milk bag or alternatively line a sieve with a clean tea towel. Squeeze as much as possible of the juice into a small pot.
- Add agar agar to the pot, stir well and let soak for approx. 10 minutes. Then gently bring to the boil and let simmer for approx. 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to dessert bowls and let set, best chilled in the fridge. To achieve an angle I used a loaf tin that I had lined with a tea towel and then I carefully put the glasses into it in a slight angle.
- In the meantime prepare the cashew custard by blending all ingredients until smooth. This works best in a small powerful blender. Serve chilled with garnish of your choice.