I really love using ground nuts in baking. For example, my recipes for Plum Hazelnut Crumble or Apple Walnut Cake. Nuts just add this very special flavour – a perfect way of enjoying gluten-free and vegan baking.
Sometimes I can’t get enough of the base and would have been happy without any additional topping. Except a little bit of chocolate – perfect! 🙂
This cake has a perfect soft texture and is not too dry. Sweetened only with fruit and without any oil. And of course it is as always vegan and gluten-free 🙂
For a 23cm spring-from you’ll need:
140g ground hazelnuts
140g rice flour
2 tablespoon fiber husk
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 very ripe FAIR-TRADE banana (approx. 250g)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (top-/bottom heat). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mash the bananas to a fine cream.
3. Add the mashed bananas and water to the bowl with the dry ingredients and swiftly mix to combine.
4. Pour the dough into the spring form and spread it evenly. Place in oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes (depending on oven type). Test with a skewer.
5. Let cool down on a cooling rack. For the chocolate drizzle, simply melt some chocolate and drizzle over the cake.
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! And if you remake this recipe, please share the picture with me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.